Monday, December 12, 2005

WHAT WAS I THINKING?

I shoulda stayed in school.

I just wanted to belong - - ya know, fit in.

I only had a few drinks; my driving was not impaired!

My gut told me he was an undercover cop, but did I listen?

I should have scooped up the kids and run years before.

My pride wouldn’t let me just go home and admit that momma was right.

Shit, my stepdaddy smoked dope all his life, so I don’t see the harm.

I warned him, “If you hit me one more time, so help me God…..”

My baby’s daddy promised that I would never go to jail.

The money was good; thought I’d quit when I got caught up, not caught.

Why me?  The rest of them are still free!

I should have taken the plea.

My so-called friend was wearing a wire.  Turned state’s.  Snitch.

I killed his ass before he killed me.

Can ya believe?  The same cops, who bought the shit I boosted, arrested me?

I’m not one bit sorry.  That SOB will never cheat on me again.

I was just cookin’ a little meth, but the nosey neighbors got wind of it.

We was minding our own business when that bitch started talking trash……

I was afraid; he threatened my family, so I went along with him.

There’s no justice.  There’s just us.

He said he loved me, but I haven’t heard from him since I got locked up.

I’ve lost my kids.  It doesn’t matter what they do to me now.

What was I thinkin’?


Patricia Prewitt
December 12, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment