Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I think…..

Inspired by “A list of some observation…..” by Joseph Brodsky

Handcuffs should be padded.  And
Prison doesn’t necessarily save junkies, it mostly postpones
   The inevitable.  Does it seem that
God only talks to crazy people?  Don’t the rest of
   Us deserve some helpful hints, too?  I think that
Games are only fun if all participants are aware that they are
   Playing, plus
Those who move their bowels in single-seater toilets may not
   Fully appreciate their good fortune.  We all know that
If the potato on your plastic tray is warm and only half
   Raw, it’s your lucky day; but
Inside info regarding dead baby mice cooked in the beans,
   Can un-whet any appetite.
Hey, do ya think I can get a cell phone in my cell? And
If they can send a man to the moon, why can’t they come up
   With a better shackle?  To me
Hot showers are heavely, and
Steel bunks should also be padded.


Patricia Prewitt
November 11, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment